Autophiles will want to read this review of an un-killable electric car after watching the video.
Archive for the 'Automotive' Category
Banning car racing may seem like a crazy, unspeakable idea to a lot of Americans. They might be surprised to know that there was just such a ban in several countries back in 1955. The ban followed a horrific accident that killed 80 fans. Switzerland didn’t reverse their ban for 52 years.
These days, you have to wonder whether worshiping guys that drive around in circles burning up a fair bit of fossil fuels makes much sense. Thoughts?
I do not own a car. I transitioned into this carless state without much stress or fanfare sometime last month. I started to think about the implications of not owning a car last week after I accidentally left something in the back of a taxi. Here is a list of reasons why I miss having a car…
- I no longer have glove compartment. This is not a big deal since I don’t have any gloves either
- I no longer have a cup holder. Actually, my Skoda didn’t have one, so that’s a throwback to my days in the Americas.
- I can only bring home as many groceries as I can carry. This sucks, but I think we might waste less food.
- Errands take longer. This will matter more as I settle in and work on more time consuming revenue streams. Our last car was purchased after going for about a year without one and the reason was TIME.
- I don’t get to enjoy driving. I like to drive. Standing up on a bus that is going over a speed bump is somewhat challenging, but it’s not exhilarating.
- Walking in the rain sucks. Puddles suck, too.
I like not having to buy gas and not having to find a parking space.