Let me preface this post by saying that I had fun and the customer was very happy with the finished product.
One new opportunity for making money online is called Fivver.com and it is marketed as being fun and social. Basically members are free to make several listings advertising tasks that they are willing to do for $5. As an experiment I listed a whole bunch of these gigs. The amount of time and trouble that each task would entail varied quite a bit. Not surprisingly, it was one of the hardest jobs that finally attracted my first (and so far only) sale. I said that I would write a web address or short message on a beautiful island beach for $5. Here is a breakdown of what this involved…
- Waiting 20 minutes for the bus (which does NOT go all the way to the beach)
- Walking 2km to the beach.
- Spending about 35 minutes placing white stones on the sand to spell out the message.
- Documenting the end result with photographs and video.
- Walking ALL THE WAY HOME, about 5km.
- Editing and uploading the video document.
So yeah, that’s a lot of time and effort for $5. Did I mention that the site take $1 off the top? Oh, and did I mention that I have to build up a minimum of $40 before I can request payment from Fivver?